Friday, September 27, 2013

Personal Testing

When I took the Myers-Briggs test, my letters were INFJ.
Introvert(44%)  iNtuitive(38%)  Feeling(38%)  Judging(44%)
  • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)
Beneath the quiet exterior, INFJs hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life. Those who are activists -- INFJs gravitate toward such a role -- are there for the cause, not for personal glory or political power. INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden. They often are found in the wake of an emergency, rescuing those who are in acute distress. INFJs may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenseless. The concept of 'poetic justice' is appealing to the INFJ. "There's something rotten in Denmark." Accurately suspicious about others' motives, INFJs are not easily led. These are the people that you can rarely fool any of the time. Though affable and sympathetic to most, INFJs are selective about their friends. Such a friendship is a symbiotic bond that transcends mere words.
This first part of the description minus the "concept of 'poetic justice'" part pretty accurately describes me! I try to be there for people and help them get through their problems, however I am very picky on who my friends are and who I decide to open up to.

The next thing said was that INFJs have a knack for fluency in language and facility in communication. In addition, nonverbal sensitivity enables the INFJ to know and be known by others intimately.
This is a FAT lie... I am awful with language and communicating. I cannot read in front of people or give presentations without freaking out. I wish I was better at languages and communicating with other, but I am quite awful at it.

It says that writing, counseling, public service and even politics are areas where INFJs frequently find their niche.
First off, I absolutely hate writing (Sorry Mrs. Myers) and I cannot stand politics. I do like helping people with their issues, however, I do not want to sit behind a desk and ask people "And so how do you feel about that...?" for a living.

Honestly, I struggled with this part because I do not like looking at the good factors of my personality and I focus on the negative parts, so this is really hard for me to do.

The next thing I had to do for class was ask four people to describe my personality in three to five words with a little paragraph on what they believe I have going for myself. I had Mr. Ed, Mr. Coffey, Melanie and Keaton fill one out for me. The crazy thing was that Mr. Coffey and Keaton pretty much said word for word what the other one wrote. Kind of creepy right? Ill just say what Keaton wrote since it is shorter haha :) Keaton described me as personable, helpful, perseverant, outgoing and loyal.  He went on to say that "Mariah is very talented at being able to connect to an individual. She appropriately identifies times to help others and has a compassionate attitude. She is willing to stick her neck out to ensure the well being of others and couldn't car less what people think about her. Rather, she hopes to become her best self because she is individually motivated and driven. Willing to challenge herself, she will be able to accomplish more and will break any obstacle in her way once she sets her mind off." Mr. Coffey added on to this that "The best thing about [me] is [my] potential. [I] have all the ingredients to become a leader and encouragement in society."

Okay, so scratch my comment on me struggling on the last part, I struggled on this whole assignment. This is hard for me to look at the bright side of my personality and just focus on my screw ups and what I am horrible at instead.


Thank you for those of you who took your time to read this :)

2 comments:

  1. Mariah this is spot on you. From my own personal experiences of you, this seems completely accurate. You love connecting to people and you are extremely selective about who you trust. In this aspect you are like me. We are hesitant to trust any one with whom we are not comfortable with, but we somehow, to our better nature, give them our trust. Sometimes the people we trust abuse our trust, but it is easier to trust than to keep things inside. Thank you for sharing! You're Great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mariah, your honesty in these blogs has proven to me once more that people who seem to embody what so many others want to be may still have their own insecurities. It's such a surprise to me that you have a hard time believing in your gifts or even considering them, because they seem so obvious to me... But I have amazing friends that struggle with the same thing, who are equally as incredible. In any case, I hope this strengthened the part of your brain willing to listen to Truth, and weakened the temptation to listen to lies. You are wonderful!

    And I forgive you for the writing comment. :) It's okay if you don't love it. You'll get a lot more comfortable with it this year though!

    Better with typos this time! Thanks for practicing good habits. :)
    10/10

    ReplyDelete