Friday, November 29, 2013

A feast on thanksgiving day!


THANKSGIVING
The morning of Thanksgiving came, ‘twas bright
With autumn to see and leaves falling tree
But I know everything’s gonna be aight
‘Cause I know the warm bright sun’s for me  
‘Twas time to get the recipe cook book
Happy to see that the chef was possessed
And then the chief prepared the feast to cook
Now ‘twas time for the chef to have his test 
But then it was time to eat that dinner
Now time for a gourmet, delicious dessert
This was not the time to be more thinner
I was too full after eating to flirt  
Yet when the food came out it was a feast
One that was fit for a queen and a beast

1 comment:

  1. Interesting! So was there a queen and a beast at the table? Or was the food so good it could simply be enjoyed by all? There was a mix in diction here-- at times archaic and formal ("'twas bright") and at other times it was very colloquial ("gonna be aight"). Although I'm not sure it was consistent enough to totally work, it made me appreciate the different sides of you: both hard-working AP student, and also a casual teen just figuring life out. :)

    I've been thinking about you this weekend and praying. Love you!!
    12/15

    ReplyDelete